Thai; Mains, Plats principaux, Recettes Thai
Thai Green Curry Beef and Eggplant
A delicious curry with tender and flavoursome beef.
- 450g beef serloin, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can Blue Dragon Coconut Milk
- 1/4 jar Blue Dragon Thai Green Curry Paste
- 4 torn kaffir lime leaves
- 1 - 2 tbsp Blue Dragon Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 150g small eggplant, quartered
- 1 small handful Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 2 green chillies, to garnish
- Trim off any excess fat from the beef. Using a sharp knife, cut into long, thin strips (this is easiest to do if it is well chilled). Set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan or wok. Add the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, until it releases its aromas.
- Stir in half the coconut milk (the thicker part is best), a little at a time. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5-6 minutes, until a sheen appears on the surface of the liquid.
- Add the beef to the pan with the kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, sugar and eggplants. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the remaining the coconut milk.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook until the meat and eggplants are tender. Stir in the Thai basil just before serving. Finely slice the green chillies and use to garnish the curry.