Thai; Mains, Plats principaux, Recettes Thai
Thai Chicken and Eggplant Green Curry
An authentic recipe, using traditional Thai ingredients for a food experience straight out of a Bangkok street market.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 jar Blue Dragon Thai Green Curry Paste
- 2 cans Blue Dragon Coconut Milk
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (free-range if possible), cut into thin slices (5mm wide)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 baby eggplant, quartered
- 24 pea eggplants
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, optional
- A handful of Thai basil, optional
- 1 carton coconut cream, optional
- jasmine rice
- Heat spices in a dry frying pan until a light, even brown colour.
- Remove spices from the saucepan and pound in a mortar until finely powdered.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the Thai Green Paste and spices and stir fry for about 30 seconds - 1 minute until it releases an aroma.
- Lower the heat and add the Coconut Milk. Allow it to simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, shallots, shredded kaffir lime leaves and both types of eggplant and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the eggplants are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with Thai sweet basil leaves, finely sliced chilli and drops of coconut cream.
- Serve with jasmine rice.