Salads & Sides, Salades et Accompagnements
Vietnamese Salad with Chicken
This is a typical Vietnamese salad - full of fresh herbs like coriander and mint.
- 1 carrot - peeled
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Blue Dragon Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Blue Dragon Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 shallots, peeled and sliced finely
- 3 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 20g mint leaves, stems removed
- 20g cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 25g cashew nuts
- Using a peeler, cut the carrot and the cucumber into long ribbons, then cut the carrot strips into thinner pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar and chilli. Add the shallots and carrot and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken breasts. Toss with the cucumber, mint, cilantro, vegetables and dressing. Scatter with the cashew nuts and serve.