Japanese Style Lamb & Mint Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g lamb fillet, cut into thin strips
- 1 head of bok choy, shredded
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sachet Blue Dragon Wasabi Plum Stir Fry Sauce
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the lamb strips, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and onion and stir fry for a further minute.
- Pour over the sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
The secret to the perfect stir fry is to make sure the oil is piping hot before you put the ingredients in the pan or wok. If they stick just add a few tablespoons of water.
Because it's a fast cooking process, make sure all of your cutting and chopping is done beforehand and close to hand.
Make sure the protein and vegetables are all cut into pieces of the same size - this ensures they will cook evenly.
Stagger your cooking times as you add the ingredients - bigger and more dense vegetables and meats will take longer to cook than small, finer ones.
Cook the meat first, remove from the wok, and return to the cooked vegetables towards the end of cooking to ensure the texture you desire is retained in the final dish.
When frying aromatic ingredients such as garlic, ginger and chilli - make sure you add them at the beginning and fry until the aromas are released. Only then are you ready to start adding the other ingredients.
Start adding your other ingredients, according to their approximate cooking times. When the food is about two-thirds done, add the stir fry sauce. If the food will take more than a few minutes more to cook, cover and steam until done. If it will take less time, continue to stir-fry.