Rainbow Pepper General Tao
Sizzling chicken, a rainbow of crisp peppers, and one hot thai bird* come together to create a plate chock-full of more authentic flavour than a rush hour train in Tokyo. It’s easy to make, so make a lot of it. You’ll be happy you have some for lunch tomorrow.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb. (225 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mixed rainbow peppers (yellow, red and orange)
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 green onion, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red hot chili (Thai bird), sliced in rounds, seeds removed (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 sachet (3.4 fl. Oz/103 mL) Blue Dragon General Tao Stir Fry Sauce
- medium egg noodles (2 nests) or Japanese soba noodles (2 bundles)
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large sauté pan set over high heat. Season chicken all over with salt. Add to pan and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to plate.
- Add peppers, snow peas, green onion, red chili, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender crisp. Add orange juice, hoisin, and Blue Dragon General Tao Stir Fry Sauce into the wok; return chicken to wok and cook until heated through.
- Serve with medium egg noodles or Japanese soba noodles. Garnish with sesame seeds.
For extra kick, use Blue Dragon Szechuan Stir Fry Sauce.